Friday, April 2, 2010

That's "Mister" Ripley


It is high time we showed our respect for the boss of the off-leash area, Ripley. He may not be big, like all the retrievers, or fast like the poodles and the hounds, but he rules the off-leash area of Fort Williams Park with an attitude that commands respect from every dog and human he encounters. He knows he's the boss, and everybody else knows it too. And I don't mean to say that Ripley is bossy, it's not that at all, it's more like the kind of attitude a Hollywood movie star has when they enter a room and silently but effectively command the attention of everyone in it.
That's the same way Ripley does it.
In my life outside the park, I work in a store, and I mentioned, on one of the very nice weather days this Spring, how nice it had been that morning at Fort Williams. The customer I was chatting with said that her son walked there every morning, and I asked if he walked with a dog. She very proudly told me that Ripley was her son's dog, and that she was to have the honor of dining with Ripley that evening. It is not your every day dog who can elicit this type of response.I told her that Ripley was the boss of the off-leash area, and this did not surprise her at all.
Maybe we'll need to organize some sort of celebration for Boss' Day. But for Ripley, he lives as if every day is Boss' Day, and it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment